Measures to Protect Personal Information
At Sibata Scientific Technology Ltd., we consider the protection of the personal information of our customers to be our corporate social responsibility. We have enacted measures to protect personal information as follows and work diligently to fulfill them.
- We comply with laws, ordinances, and other regulations related to the protection of personal information.
We take measures related to the collection, use, and provision of personal information.
Sibata does not collect or use personal information from our customers without permission.
If consent is obtained, the information is only used within the scope of that consent. If the treatment of personal information is consigned externally, it is performed based on Sibata’s rigorous management policies.
- We take reasonable security measures to prevent and correct risks related to personal information, including unauthorized access to personal information, as well as loss, damage, falsification, and leakage of personal information.
- We strive to maintain appropriate management of personal information through continuous revisions and improvements for the protection of personal information.
Personal Information Protection Policy
Purpose of Using Personal Information
Personal information collected from our customers is used for the purposes noted below.
However, rather than using it for all of these purposes, we specify separate collection and usage purposes, and use this information within the scope of the consent of our customers.
- It is used to provide our customers with information (including catalogs) on products, services, and plans handled by Sibata.
- It is used to implement after-sales service and maintenance for Sibata products.
- It is used to implement surveys related to product development and service improvements, including surveys to assess satisfaction and the usage of Sibata products and services.
- It is used to provide information periodically from Sibata via email magazines, booklets, direct mail, and campaigns.
- It is used to contact customers when urgently required.
- It is used to accommodate questions, opinions, and requests from our customers.
Provision to Third Parties
Personal information is never provided to third parties without the consent of our customers.
In addition, when disclosing information, consent must be obtained after explaining the purpose of use to the person concerned.
Management of Personal Informations
All personal information collected is handled safely under strict management policies. Personal information is appropriately managed, and measures are enacted to prevent theft, as well as loss, falsification, and other illegal leakage.
Note: Sibata internet content contains links to external sites. Sibata assumes no responsibility for the content of such sites or their protection of personal information.
Use of SSL
All parts of the Sibata website where personal information is entered use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) data encryption system. Further, the installation of firewalls and other measures are implemented to protect information within the website.
However, given the nature of internet communications, security cannot be completely guaranteed. We appreciate your understanding.